At a Glance
St. Mary’s Academy offers a learning environment that embodies the best of today and yesterday. A dynamic curriculum coupled with a focus on traditional values ensures students achieve success in both school and life.
• Founded in 1864 by the Sisters of Loretto, St. Mary’s Academy is built upon the Loretto School Values of faith, community, justice and respect. All students, teachers and parents know and live these traditional values.
• St. Mary’s Academy began as a school for all children of all backgrounds. Today, we are still an inclusive community, welcoming students of every race, religious tradition and economic background. In fact, our student population is 29.9 percent diverse (based on race and ethnicity), one of the highest percentages among independent schools in Colorado.
• We require every St. Mary’s Academy student to participate in community service. Whether it’s rebuilding houses in a city devastated by a natural disaster, serving lunch to the homeless or participating in a collection drive, students learn the true meaning of giving back.
• Our students are exposed to and use advanced technology every day
in state-of-the-art classrooms equipped with interactive whiteboards and other classroom technology solutions.
• To round out our curriculum, St. Mary’s Academy offers a competitive athletics program, including baseball (middle school only), basketball, cross country, dance, field hockey, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball (high school only), swimming and diving (high school only), tennis and volleyball.
3A Metropolitan League
St. Mary’s Academy is accredited by ACIS.
High Academic Standards + Solid Values + Competitive Sports