Enjoy articles on Loretto history from recent issues of Loretto Magazine. To read complete issues of Loretto Magazine, go the Publications section of the Loretto website. The remaining articles on the more recent years of Loretto history will be posted as available.
(Photos, right: Top: Sister Praxedes Carty, superior general of the community from 1896-1922. Below: Sister Mary Luke Tobin, superior general, then president of the community from 1958-1970.)
- 1630-1812: Catholics Settle in America; Loretto Story Begins
- 1812-1830: Foundation and early Days; Moving Beyond Kentucky
- 1830-1900: Education Mission Expands, Loretto Pushes Westward
- 1900-1960: Prime Time for Loretto as Leading American Educators
- 1960-1970: Loretto Examines Governance; Co-Membership Initiated
- 1970-1990: Governance, Justice and Peace, Mission in Ghana
- 1990-2000: Co-membership, Ecological Awareness
- 2000-2012: Leadership Expands; Sister Communities, Pakistan
"Just as frontier living shaped the lives of our early sisters, so a global society shapes ours."