Reunion Weekend

To RSVP to the Reunion Weekend Events, click here.

Thursday, October 2, 2014
St. Mary’s Academy Sesquicentennial Tour (in partnership with History Colorado Center)
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Alumnae Only

Led by SMA Historian Sr. Regina Drey SL
Cost: $41 per person (includes bus transportation, a boxed lunch, all guides and interpretation)
Register through History Colorado Center by calling 303-866-2394

In 1864, three Sisters of Loretto opened St. Mary’s Academy in the rowdy Denver City.  Though the campus moved from downtown in 1951, thus reducing the incidences of energetic students accidentally kicking balls into neighbor Margaret Brown’s backyard, St. Mary's Academy remains a vibrant part of Denver, educating both boys and girls.  We’ll visit the Pennsylvania Street site, the current campus, and the former Loretto Heights Academy boarding school where the SMA boarders moved to.  Join History Colorado and Sister Regina Drey SL for the sesquicentennial celebrations!

Friday, October 3, 2014
Golden Graduates Luncheon
Cherry Hills Country Club
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Open to alumnae from the Classes of 1934-1964.

Friday, October 3, 2014
Blue & White Reception
High School Forum
6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Open to all alumnae and their spouses or significant others.

Reminisce with alumnae from all decades at the All Academy Blue & White Reception. The reception begins with a performance by SAIMARAC (SMA's Honor Choir) followed by cocktails and appetizers while you reunite with classmates as well as current and former faculty and staff.

Saturday, October 4, 2014
SMA 150th Celebration
Hyatt Regency at the Colorado Convention Center (the original site of SMA)
5:30 – 6:45 p.m. Cocktail Hour (There will be a special cocktail hour just for alumnae)
7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Dinner and Program
$150 per person or $250 per couple
Young alumnae price (Classes of 1999-2014) of $75 per person or $125 per couple
Open to the entire SMA Community, including all alumnae and their spouses or significant others.

Traditionally the Saturday of Reunion Weekend is left open for Milestone Classes to plan and attend their own Milestone Class Activities. Because of the special anniversary year, Milestone Classes are encouraged to attend the SMA 150th Celebration.

Milestone Classes include 1954, 1964, 1969, 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999 and 2004.

Sunday, October 5, 2014
Family Day at SMA
11:00 a.m. Mass in the High School Forum
12:00 - 2:00 p.m. Lunch and Fall Festival on Campus
Open to alumnae and their families.

All alumnae and their families are welcome back to campus to enjoy Mass and SMA’s annual family-friendly Fall Festival. Alumnae and their families will be provided complimentary admission to Fall Festival and lunch tickets for a hot dog, bratwurst, polish sausage or hamburger and chips and a drink. Tickets for games and activities can be purchased at the event.

Email This Page

What is the sum of 6 and 2?

During a recent open house, I returned to St. Mary’s Academy and talked with two articulate, enthusiastic high school students who reminded me how much I treasure my SMA education. I am grateful to my teachers and classmates who embodied the values of caring, compassion and respect which have served as the guidepost for so many of my life’s decisions. 

Alumna '71