St. Mary’s Academy is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff who are dedicated to their profession and to the well-being and life of the St. Mary’s Academy community.
St. Mary’s Academy is a close community where faculty and staff serve as role models for the students. The qualities of a strong work ethic, desire for personal growth, and commitment to life-long learning that St. Mary’s Academy expects of students is likewise an expectation for faculty and staff. Each day, too, is an opportunity to live the Loretto School Values of faith, community, justice, and respect.
Lower School Principal
St. Mary’s Academy, an independent, Catholic school in Englewood, Colorado, seeks an energetic and experienced educator for the position of Lower School Principal effective July 2015.
St. Mary’s Academy, founded by the Sisters of Loretto in 1864, is a pre-kindergarten through 12th grade school. The Lower School is co-ed and includes pre-kindergarten through fifth grade students; enrollment is 200. The school is guided by the Loretto School Values of faith, community, justice and respect, and is dedicated to fostering excellence in each child through academic achievement, spiritual development and service.
The ideal candidate will possess an advanced degree; experience in school leadership and management; classroom experience; knowledge of 21st century school teaching practices; and excellent communication skills. This ideal candidate welcomes and works easily with all constituents: students, teachers and parents. The Lower School Principal is the school’s spiritual leader; candidates must be comfortable being the leader of a Catholic school.
Serving on a ten-member administrative team that oversees the Academy as a whole, the Principal reports to the Academy President.
After School Lead Teacher
The St. Mary’s Academy Junior Kindergarten Program is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, committed and compassionate ECT-qualified teacher for the After School Program from 3-6 PM. The Leader Teacher has several responsibilities, including…
- Responsibility for the care and safety of children, maintaining active supervision at all times.
- Meet regularly with the After Care Program Coordinator.
Plan and implement enrichment lessons and activities.
- Facilitate snack, bathroom breaks, recess and enrichment activities as per the After Care Program Daily Schedule.
- Positively manage young children with patience and consistency.
Develop and maintain a positive relationship with students, staff and parents. Present a positive professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Punctual, reliable attendance.
The ideal Lead Teacher candidate…
- Is Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) Qualified according to Colorado State Rules and Regulations.
- Can provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing Division upon hire.
- Has or is willing to obtain (by start of school year) current certifications in Infant/Child CPR, First Aid, Medications and Universal Precautions.
- Relates well with young children, using positive classroom management techniques.
- Communicates well with others, including parents and other program staff.Is able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- 3-5 years previous experience working with young children.
High School Coaching Positions
St. Mary's Academy is seeking part-time seasonal high school coaches for the 2014-2015 school year. Interested candidates should have relevant coaching/playing experience and a passion for the sport.
• C Level Volleyball
• Assistant Cross Country
• JV Basketball
• Swimming (*early morning practices)
• JV Lacrosse
Advancement Database Manager
The Advancement Database Manager is part of the St. Mary’s Academy (SMA) fundraising team and works to support all fundraising events and Advancement activities at SMA. Advancement Database Manager is a full-time, year-round position.
This PDF details the job and how to apply, click here.
St. Mary’s Academy
4545 S. University Blvd.
Englewood, CO 80113