St. Mary’s Academy is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff who are dedicated to their profession and to the well-being and life of the St. Mary’s Academy community.
St. Mary’s Academy is a close community where faculty and staff serve as role models for the students. The qualities of a strong work ethic, desire for personal growth, and commitment to life-long learning that St. Mary’s Academy expects of students is likewise an expectation for faculty and staff. Each day, too, is an opportunity to live the Loretto School Values of faith, community, justice, and respect.
After School Lead Teacher
The St. Mary’s Academy Junior Kindergarten Program is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, committed and compassionate ECT-qualified teacher for the After School Program from 3-6 PM. The Leader Teacher has several responsibilities, including:
- Responsibility for the care and safety of children, maintaining active supervision at all times.
- Meet regularly with the After Care Program Coordinator.
Plan and implement enrichment lessons and activities.
- Facilitate snack, bathroom breaks, recess and enrichment activities as per the After Care Program Daily Schedule.
- Positively manage young children with patience and consistency.
Develop and maintain a positive relationship with students, staff and parents. Present a positive professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Punctual, reliable attendance.
The ideal Lead Teacher candidate:
- Is Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) Qualified according to Colorado State Rules and Regulations.
- Can provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing Division upon hire.
- Has or is willing to obtain (by start of school year) current certifications in Infant/Child CPR, First Aid, Medications and Universal Precautions.
- Relates well with young children, using positive classroom management techniques.
- Communicates well with others, including parents and other program staff.Is able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- 3-5 years previous experience working with young children.
High School Coaching Positions
St. Mary's Academy is seeking part-time seasonal high school coaches for the 2014-2015 school year. Interested candidates should have relevant coaching/playing experience and a passion for the sport.
- JV Basketball
- Swimming (*early morning practices)
- JV Lacrosse
Junior Kindergarten Teacher/Assistant
Our Junior Kindergarten program is in search of a full time Junior Kindergarten Teacher/Assistant for the remaining 2014 – 2015 school year. The ideal candidate will work hand in hand with a community of professionals who possess strong work ethics, desire for professional growth, and continual personal fulfillment.
- Group Leader Qualified as defined by the State of Colorado
- Three or more years of teaching experience
- Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Positive classroom management techniques
- Compassionate Leadership
- Guidance approach to discipline
- Works well within a highly motivated team
- Implements Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Artfully multi-tasks
- Strong relationship building skills
- Effective communication skills with students, co-workers, parents, and community members
- Strong commitment to high standards of self
- Equally strong in teaching literacy and mathematical concepts
- Planning and overseeing after school enrichment
- Assisting and teaching along side two lead teachers
- Teaching and modeling the four Loretto Values
- Hours are from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Days are Monday – Friday
- Compensation is determined on experience
Maintenance Staff Member
This is a non-exempt, salaried position with benefits that provides all routine maintenance services as assigned or needed. Salary is comparable to $20+/hour depending on experience. Interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates only.
Essential duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance and routine repairs of buildings, vehicles and equipment
- Perform a wide variety of semiskilled activities such as carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.
- Assist skilled tradesmen on special projects as needed
- Arrange furniture and equipment for events
- Assist with snow removal
- Respond to emergency situations during and after hours to resolve immediate safety concerns
- Other duties as requested
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read manuals; follow written and oral directions
- Ability to perform standard practices and procedures
- Basic computer competency
- Minimum of 5 years in similar activities
- Adaptability to changing priorities, work constraints and OSHA regulations
- Perform multiple tasks and upgrade skills as needed
- Physical ability including lifting, carrying, climbing, kneeling, etc.
St. Mary’s Academy
4545 S. University Blvd.
Englewood, CO 80113